6 Things You Need To Know About CBD
As CBD becomes more popular, it’s important to understand what it is and the benefits it can provide. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t produce a “high” and is non-addictive. CBD has been shown to provide relief from anxiety, pain, and other conditions without the side effects associated with prescription medications. So, let’s explore some important things you should know about CBD and why you should start using it today!
1. The Variety of Products & How to Shop for Them
When shopping for CBD products, it’s important to understand the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. Full-spectrum CBD contains all of the plant’s cannabinoids, including THC. Broad-spectrum CBD contains most of the plant’s cannabinoids but doesn’t include THC. Isolate is pure CBD that has been extracted from the plant and isolated from other cannabinoids. There is also a full spectrum CBD salve that contains a carrier oil like coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils for added benefits. When choosing a product, it’s also important to consider the concentration of CBD. Products with higher concentrations of CBD will be more potent and provide greater relief. However, they may also come with a higher price tag. Start with a lower concentration and increase as needed.
2. CBD is Non-Psychoactive and Safe
Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive and won’t produce a “high.” This is because CBD doesn’t bind to the same receptors in the brain as THC. Instead, it binds to receptors responsible for regulating pain, inflammation, and anxiety. This makes CBD an ideal treatment for conditions like chronic pain, arthritis, anxiety, and depression. CBD is considered safe for human consumption with no known side effects. In fact, a World Health Organization report found that CBD has a good safety profile and is generally well tolerated by humans. Additionally, CBD is non-addictive and doesn’t interact with other medications you may be taking. This makes it a safe alternative to addictive prescription medications like opioids.
3. CBD Has a Wide Range of Potential Benefits
CBD has been shown to provide relief from a wide range of conditions, including anxiety, pain, inflammation, and insomnia. It’s also been shown to improve heart health by reducing blood pressure and protecting against damage caused by oxidative stress. Additionally, CBD has anti-cancer properties and can help reduce the spread of cancer cells. CBD has also been shown to be effective in treating symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Anxiety Relief: CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety and improve sleep in people with anxiety disorders. For example, a study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology found that CBD significantly reduced anxiety and improved sleep in people with generalized anxiety disorder.
- Pain Relief: CBD has been shown to relieve pain by reducing inflammation. For example, a study published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine found that CBD reduced inflammation and pain in rats with arthritis.
- Insomnia Relief: CBD has been shown to improve sleep by reducing anxiety and improving sleep quality. For example, a study published in the journal Frontiers in Neuroscience found that CBD improved sleep quality and decreased dream recall in people with insomnia.
- Heart Health: CBD has been shown to reduce blood pressure and protect against damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Cancer: CBD has anti-cancer properties and can help reduce the spread of cancer cells.
- Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s: CBD has been shown to be effective in treating symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
4. CBD is Available in a Variety of Forms
CBD is available in a variety of forms, including oils, tinctures, capsules, edibles, creams, and more. This makes it easy to find a product that meets your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for fast relief from anxiety or pain, then oils and tinctures may be the best option. Capsules and edibles take longer to take effect, but provide long-lasting relief. Creams and topicals are ideal for localized relief from pain or inflammation. Additionally, CBD is also available in isolate form, which is 99% pure CBD. An isolate is a great option for those who want to avoid any traces of THC. Also, if you’re looking for a high-potency product, then an isolate may be the best option.
5. CBD is Legal in the U.S.
CBD is legal in the United States as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. This trace amount of THC will not produce any psychoactive effects, but it’s important to note if you’re subject to drug testing. Full-spectrum CBD products do contain trace amounts of THC, but they’re typically below 0.3%. If you’re concerned about drug testing, then you should opt for an isolate or broad-spectrum product that contains no THC. Also, be sure to check your state’s laws regarding CBD before buying a product. The states of Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington have all legalized CBD. However, each state has its own laws regarding the legal use of CBD.
6. You Can Buy CBD Online
You can buy CBD online from a variety of reputable websites. However, it’s important to do your research before buying any product. Be sure to read reviews to ensure that you’re buying a quality product. Also, be sure to check the company’s website to make sure they’re legitimate. Only buy from companies that offer third-party lab results, so you know exactly what’s in the product. Additionally, only buy products that are made in the United States to ensure that they meet strict manufacturing standards. Also, be sure to check the company’s return policy in case you’re not satisfied with the product. Some online stores even offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount.
CBD has a wide range of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety, relieving pain, and improving heart health. It’s also legal in the United States, making it easy to purchase online. However, it’s important to do your research before buying a CBD product to ensure that you’re getting a high-quality product. Additionally, be sure to check your state’s laws regarding CBD to make sure that you’re following all regulations. So, if you’re looking for a natural way to improve your health, then consider trying CBD.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Introduction to THCp: Unlocking the Power of Nature’s Strongest Cannabinoid - January 23, 2023
- Help for Those Struggling Financially, Physically, and Emotionally Because of Addiction - January 17, 2023
- The benefits of CBD gummies for anxiety and stress relief - January 13, 2023