Using a disposable vape is great. It’s great, at least, until the day when the device finally dies. You know the tell-tale sign: You try to take a puff, and instead of giving you a big mouthful of tasty vapor, your disposable vape just blinks. You know what that means. It means the battery is dead, and it’s time to replace the device – or is it? Can you recharge a disposable vape?
The answer to the question of whether you can recharge a disposable vape is actually different in 2022 than it was in the past because some of today’s disposable vapes are rechargeable – something that was never true before.
So, can you recharge a disposable vape? In this article, you’re going to learn the answer to that question. You’re also going to learn how to recharge a disposable vape – and why trying to charge a device not designed for recharging is a very bad idea. Let’s dive in!
Do You Have a Rechargeable Disposable Vape?
As we mentioned above, some of the modern disposable vapes sold by vape shops like Cloud City UK are actually rechargeable. That’s in contrast to the devices sold in the past, which were designed to be used until they were empty and then discarded. The reason why companies are now making rechargeable disposable vapes is because there’s a great deal of demand for higher-capacity devices that last longer before they run out of e-liquid. It has become common for modern disposable vapes to offer thousands of puffs per device. The only way to offer that many puffs without making the device enormous and difficult to carry in your pocket is by using a rechargeable battery.
Do you have a rechargeable disposable vape? If you do, you can identify it by looking for a micro-USB or USB-C port on the bottom. If a disposable vape has a USB port, the battery is rechargeable. If you’re new to the world of disposable vapes, you might not have noticed the port initially because the device didn’t include a charging cable. Rechargeable disposable vapes don’t include charging cables because that would inflate the price and cause a lot of waste – you’d be buying a new charging cable every few days. Instead, manufacturers assume that you’ll buy a charging cable separately or simply use a cable you already have.
To charge a rechargeable disposable vape, simply connect the device to your computer using an appropriate USB cable. The LED indicator should turn on. When the indicator turns off or changes to green, you can resume using the device. You’ll continue recharging your disposable vape in that fashion until the device either begins to taste burnt or stops producing vapor entirely. At that point, it’s out of e-liquid.
Most Disposable Vapes Can’t Be Recharged Safely
If you look online for instructions about how to recharge a disposable vape, you’re probably going to find tutorials on YouTube and similar sites that purport to provide instructions explaining how to recharge a single-use disposable vape. The instructions will tell you to disassemble your device, strip a USB cable down to the wires and connect those wires directly to the battery’s terminals. Following those instructions is a terrible idea for two reasons.
- It’s incredibly dangerous to charge a lithium-ion battery with no onboard charging circuitry. A rechargeable device has circuitry that monitors the battery’s voltage and automatically stops the charging process when the battery is full. A disposable vape that’s not designed for recharging doesn’t have that circuitry, and a lithium-ion battery that’s overcharged can catch fire or explode. In short, you should never attempt to recharge a disposable vape that doesn’t have a USB port.
- In most cases, attempting to recharge a single-use disposable vape is counterproductive anyway because you’re not going to get much additional use out of it. Disposable vapes that aren’t designed for recharging are calibrated so that they’ll run out of vape juice and battery power at about the same time. If your device’s battery is dead, it’s most likely out of e-liquid as well. If you want a device that’s reusable, disposable vapes probably aren’t for you.
How Long Should a Disposable Vape Last?
So, how long should a disposable vape actually last? You’ve seen the puff numbers on the fronts of the packages, but can you really expect to get 3,500 puffs out of a disposable vape like the Elux Legend Pro before the device runs out of e-liquid? In many cases, the answer to that question is actually “no.” The puff count on the package isn’t a guarantee, and it isn’t an average either. It’s more like a best-case scenario that’s only really achievable if you use the device in a way that perfectly recreates the conditions of the manufacturer’s product tests.
In general, you can think of every 200 puffs advertised on a disposable vape’s packaging to be approximately equivalent to one day of vaping because that’s about how many puffs you’ll get out of a pack of tobacco cigarettes. However, how you use the device can greatly influence the number of puffs that you get out of a disposable vape.
How to Make a Disposable Vape Last Longer
What if your preferred brand of disposable vape isn’t rechargeable? How can you make your devices last longer in that case? Here are some tips that can help you squeeze every last puff out of a disposable vape.
- Take short puffs. The number of puffs advertised on the package is based on a puff length of about 1-2 seconds.
- Wait several seconds after each puff to let the device’s battery and atomizer coil cool down.
- Don’t keep the device in your hand when you aren’t using it. If you do that, you’re guaranteed to consume more nicotine than you really need. Try recreating the patterns that you’d follow as a smoker. Puff on the device a few times before putting it down and walking away. Use the device only when you really need the nicotine.
- When the battery dies, let the device rest for a while. The battery may regain a little voltage, allowing the device to produce a few more puffs.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Introduction to THCp: Unlocking the Power of Nature’s Strongest Cannabinoid - January 23, 2023
- Help for Those Struggling Financially, Physically, and Emotionally Because of Addiction - January 17, 2023
- The benefits of CBD gummies for anxiety and stress relief - January 13, 2023