CBD as a ‘New Black’ for Investments. Cannabis as a ‘New Petroleum’ for Eco-Future
There are lots of options on how to invest money in today’s world. Hi-tech, crypto, real estate, name it. Well, among these options there is a highly popular one you may not hear about. That is cannabis. It is not a drug deal, be sure, as cannabis is a plant that today is considered to be a real ‘New Black’ in investment. Why is it so in-demand? The secret is simple. Cannabis is a valuable source of lots of materials used in various areas. And do not forget its magical features in healthcare and wellness. Let’s talk about cannabis and its benefits.
What’s the Uniqueness of Cannabis Plants?
The hemp plant itself has been known to humans for thousands of years. It is actively cultivated all over the world. It is one of the oldest and most versatile plants. People have learned to use this culture in a wide variety of fields, from food and cosmetics to the production of heavy-duty materials and biofuels.
Since ancient times, clothes have been woven from hemp. The most famous is a rough and durable fabric for work clothes. It was from hemp that the first jeans were made. Levi Strauss & Co did not spare 45 thousand dollars to buy out the oldest jeans, which were created in 1880 and have retained their original appearance to this day.
What makes cannabis a truly unique plant? Here are 5 facts about this plant.
1. Almost all parts of cannabis are used in human activities. Seeds, stems, leaves, cones, inflorescences – everything is used, processed into environmentally friendly and useful products.
2. Another feature for which cannabis is valued all over the world is the cannabinoids it contains, primarily cannabidiol. CBD (cannabidiol) is under active medical research today, and its impressive analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties are already being used in the development of beneficial wellness products. The FDA is expected to add cannabidiol to its medicinal product list soon.
3. The unique chemical composition of the plant opens up wide possibilities in pharmacology and traditional medicine. It includes more than 460 compounds, there are also substances with a therapeutic effect terpenes, cannabinoids, phytoflavinoids etc. Hemp-based drugs are successfully used to improve the effectiveness of treatment, relieve symptoms of diseases.
4. Cannabis is an inexpensive yet nutritious food base for livestock and poultry. The balanced composition of plants provides livestock with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. What’s more, people also use cannabis for food. The energy value and vitamin and mineral composition of hemp seed oil today make it one of the superfoods.
5. Hemp – an indispensable tool for crop rotation. For the most part, hemp culture does not need expensive fertilizers, additional fertilizing, it also does not need to spend money on protective agents, since the plant itself fights against harmful organisms, bacteria, at the biological level it is compatible with almost all types of seedlings. When planting hemp seeds or cuttings in the ground, you increase the fertility of fodder plants, improve fertile soils and use less fertilizer. It is more profitable to plant hemp with sugar beets, potato tubers, corn, crops growing under the snow, and clover. Thus, hemp sprouts become an assistant for any gardener, with the help of them your seedlings will grow many times faster and larger.
Yet, we haven’t even mentioned its incredible features that are evaluated in the industry. Cannabis is used in various industrial systems from manufacturing eco-biofuel to the production of high-quality heavy-duty materials for aircraft construction.
Cannabis as a Source of Biofuel
In the era of cost-optimization of energy sources, cannabis becomes the new petroleum. Two types of fuels can be obtained from industrial hemp: hemp ethanol or methanol, produced from fermented stems, and hemp biodiesel, made from pressed hemp seed oil.
● Ethanol is made from hemp seeds, grains, and non-edible plant parts. For use, it must be partially mixed with gasoline.
● Methanol is an alcohol made from cannabis stalks. By the way, now this fuel is fueled by racing cars.
Biodiesel is produced by simple filtration and purification of hemp oil, followed by the addition of methanol. It is the most versatile fuel, as it is suitable for any vehicle powered by a diesel engine. It is about its benefits that will be discussed further.
One of the main fundamental advantages of biodiesel is its renewability. Oil, gas and coal are the ultimate energy sources, the reserves of which are inevitably depleted.
Biodiesel is similar in structure to gasoline. That is why it can be used in any unmodified diesel engine. Hemp fuels extend the life of the engine by providing more lubrication, leaving the rest of the combustion process nearly identical to diesel.
Also, this eco-fuel is much safer than petrol because of the lower temperature of possible ignition that starts from 150 degrees Celsius. And no matter to say, hemp-based biodiesel is a cost-efficient substitute to carbon, gas, petrol etc.
Cannabis in AG: Main Perspectives of that Plant
In terms of agriculture, cannabis can be a major source of income for any farmer. And that’s why:
● Of all the costs, only the cultivation of land is needed, on which you just need to scatter seeds. Industrial cannabis is one of the most unpretentious plants because it is a weed. It can grow in almost any latitude, from tropical to temperate. For the full growth of cannabis, 3-4 months are enough, so two or even three crops can be harvested during the year.
● Cannabis can also be used as protection for other crops that are more susceptible to pests. By releasing aromatic resins, cannabis plants repel pests, which can reduce harm to other crops.
● In addition to the very source of food for humans (oils, cannabis seeds), the cake leftover from oil production for human needs is an inexpensive but very nutritious product in animal husbandry. It is a valuable feed for cows, horses, pigs and poultry. Technical cannabis seeds contain many beneficial fatty acids Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9, GLA, protein and are rich in fiber, which has a positive effect on the digestive system of animals. In addition to the above, cannabis is a good source of various minerals such as copper, iron, boron, manganese, nitrogen and zinc.
So you can see, this plant is a real godsend for agrarians. if you are one of them, you should definitely visit growercash.com
Medical Use of Cannabis
Now let’s talk about something extremely important. Cannabis is highly prized in the healthcare industry, and one of the 80 known cannabinoids found in marijuana, cannabidiol, is of primary interest. CBD, obtained from the extraction of oils from cannabis stems, cones, and leaves, has a molecular structure similar to that of human endocannabinoids. It enters the cells of the body, acting as a blocker for receptors in the endocannabinoid system. As a result, CBD acts as a sedative, pain reliever, and anti-inflammatory agent. It is recommended for use:
● patients with severe pain syndrome,
● if you have trouble sleeping,
● patients with mental disorders (ADHD, PTSD, anxiety disorder, depression),
● people with weight and metabolism dysfunctions,
● those who suffer from severe skin diseases.
These are just a few of the guidelines for consuming CBD-containing products. Add to this the benefits of cannabis oil as a cosmetic product and nutrient, as well as the beneficial effects of other cannabis components – essential oils, flavonoids, terpenes. Cannabis can be used in medicine both as a means for oral use and as a part of external medicines and cosmetics. Its benefits have been proven for both humans and pets – today, veterinarians often choose CBD as a pain reliever for pets. An organic, natural substance improves the quality of life, prolongs youth and regains health.
Cannabis in Industrial Solutions. An All-in-One Way to Provide Industry with a High-Quality Raw Material
Technical hemp, containing less than 0.1% of tetrahydrocannabinol in the composition, is suitable for industrial purposes: fiber is made from it, fabrics are woven, clothes and shoes are sewn. It is from the stems, which make up about 60 per cent of the total dry matter, that fiber is made. The length and quality of the fibers produced directly depends on the type of culture, cultivation conditions, the amount of light during cultivation and other nuances. Hemp threads are obtained from 1 to 4 meters in length. These hemp products are clothes, shoes, household and decorative items.
Due to the functions of organic raw materials in Western Europe, hemp crops have been used in construction for decades. For example, in the early 2000s in the United Kingdom, politicians decided to launch a program to build dwellings with walls made from hemp cake and other means such as lime and dried plants. Germany also actively uses hemp leaves and stems in construction: the Germans lay hemp under laminate or parquet flooring as heating, insulating the facades of houses.
The German carmaker BMW presented an innovative solution – hemp was used for the body of its new car. For many BMW models, technical hemp door panels are used. When mixed with plastic, it helps to reduce the weight of each door by about 10%.
Can Cannabis Get in Outer Space? Space Programs Using that Plant
Due to its high durability, cannabis is an innovative source for the aerospace industry. The materials used in the aerospace and aircraft industries are constantly being improved in the direction of improving strength characteristics, the ability to withstand temperature extremes, weight reduction, etc. The whole direction of research implies, on the one hand, improving the flight characteristics of the created structural materials, on the other, reducing the cost of their manufacture. The hemp-based bioplastics used to reduce weight in modern airframes by Boeing and Airbus are tens of times stronger and one-third lighter than those made from traditional aviation materials. Another positive feature of the use of biocomposite materials based on hemp in modern aircraft construction is the more resilient body of the 787 Boeing. It is the material from which it is made that allows maintaining the pressure in the cabin at a level corresponding to an altitude of 1800 m, while in the cabin of a conventional aluminum passenger aircraft, the pressure corresponds to an altitude of 2400 m.
The widespread use of composite materials both in load-bearing elements of the structure and in auxiliary units and interiors has significantly improved the characteristics of the А 380. Airbus consists of biocomposite materials for 40% of its mass. The modern Airbus A380 burns 17% less fuel per passenger than the Boeing 747.
Future investigations can make hemp-derivative materials among the most required in spacecraft construction.
As you can see, such a simple plant as cannabis has lots of merits that can bring humanity to a new development stage. That is the reason for investments in that field.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Top 5 CBD Industry Trends that Will Go Strong in 2022 - May 19, 2022
- How To Smoke Cigars Like a Pro: A Beginner’s Guide - May 18, 2022
- What Is The More Potent Type Of Analgesic? - May 18, 2022