Hemp oil is a derivative of the mother plant, hemp plant. Also known as CBD hemp oil, the product is highly rich in cannabidiol (CBD) but boasts of a low percentage of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Having received a tremendous amount of controversies and debates, marijuana has improved the visibility of the hemp oil on the market especially in the United States. Although smoking marijuana and cannabis remains illegal in some parts of the world, the potential benefits of CBD on health are gradually becoming acceptable in society.
In several instances, hemp oil has been responsible for a great increase in the health status of so many people. Due to the minimum amount of THC (a psychotropic compound), the traditional ‘high’ experienced in marijuana is not present. Therefore, hemp oil results in a therapeutic healing instead of the usual mind-altering possibility.
The use of hemp oil can be in the form of supplements, capsules, spray, paste, tinctures, creams, candies, or salves. In some countries, hemp oil is made as an inhalant in e-cigarettes or vapor-releasing pens. Due to this, the concentration of hemp oil can be controlled for different ages and needs.
The potential benefits of CBD hemp oil range from soothing anxiety, reduction of pain, elimination of depression, improvement of mood, anti-cancerous properties, protection of the immune system, prevention of inflammatory arthritis, improvement of sleep disorders, balancing of metabolism, and healing the skin, and a host of others.
Constituents of hemp oil
In a sprout of the cannabis plant, approximately 80 cannabinoids are found. Also, an evaluation of the components further confirms that THC and CBD are the primary cannabinoids, with THC being more prominent.
Nevertheless, the reverse is the case for hemp plant. In hemp plants, there is a different strain of Cannabis sativa. The main active ingredient is CBD while THC is barely found, because of this, the use of the hemp plant is slightly legal in some countries.
CBD supports human health because of the endogenous cannabinoid makeup of the body system itself. In the regulatory structure of the human body, there are several millions of cannabinoid receptors in both the nervous system and the brain. These receptors are receptive towards the marijuana and hemp (the plant derivatives of cannabinoids) and the natural cannabinoids in the body system.
When someone ingests hemp oil, it is used and processed by the body in several intricate steps. Basically, these processes boost the endocannabinoid system which results in the self-regulation of the body in several ways.
In addition, authentic CBD hemp oil contains a relatively high level of supplements which are:
- Volatile acids
The Benefits of CBD hemp oil
As discussed earlier, there are several health benefits of hemp oil. For this reason, people suffering from arthritis, insomnia, skin conditions, weak immune system, low appetite, stress, and depression will benefit from the advantages. Some of them are:
- Relief from pain: The analgesic properties of CBD hemp oil is the reason why it is recommended for several chronic pains. In fact, people who suffer from the agony of cancer and back pain are not left out. The mechanism of this oil in relieving pain is to disrupt the activity of the pain receptors in the human body. Afterward, it aids the release of serotonin and dopamine which are important neurotransmitters. They are also called ‘feel good’ compounds.
- Treatment of nausea: Nausea and vomiting are effectively cured using hemp oil. The oil activates autoreceptors that induce anti-nausea effects in the system. However, the non-psychotropic property of the oil is the sole cause for this.
- Soothing inflammation: People with chronic rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, pervasive muscle pain, and joint disorders find relief with CBD oil.
- Reduction of anxiety: In addition to this, hemp oil increases the level of ‘feel good’ neurotransmitters and hormones in the body. Nonetheless, the psychotropic THC in cannabis is the reason for the anxiety or paranoia that is associated with marijuana.
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease: Cannabidiol is associated with the dwindling severity of some neurodegenerative diseases. Some of these diseases are Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
Other common milestones of cannabidiol include:
- Treatment of epilepsy
- Prevention of cancer
- Promotion of good sleep
- Boosting the immune system
- Promotion of heart health
- Control of diabetes
Finally, despite the immense benefits if hemp oil, there are still some side effects which include fatigue, low blood pressure, light-headedness, and reduced motor functions. Various studies have confirmed that the side effects are generally mild than acute and that is why most medical practitioners advise their patients to use the oil in regions where the distribution, possession, and use of marijuana is legal.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- How E-Cigarettes can affect your Sports? - November 16, 2018
- Why CBD Oil is not what you think and its 11 Benefits - November 13, 2018
- 5 benefits of using vapers instead of cigarettes - November 12, 2018