How to Store Your Cannabis Stash
Marijuana is a nature’s miracle that is finding its way into our everyday lives. More people express interest to try this plant in the many innovative forms it is available today. But nothing is comparable to the intense earthy tones of fresh buds that brim the room with aroma and blissful feeling of calmness and relaxation.
Whether you like up a joint everyday or would like to enjoy the occasional day off with some cannabis, storing your cannabis stash is a critical aspect. Storing it in a crumpled paper in a shady corner of your home sounds about normal. But, the secret to enjoying the buds in its best form is to preserve it in the right manner. Marijuana is an organic compound that does not have an expiry date as such. But studies such as the one published in the Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology indicates that cannabinoids can stay intact in cannabis samples for up to two years after harvest. It shows that the quality and benefits possible from cannabis stash could degrade over time. Hence practicing proper storage techniques and methods can help ensure you do not let your stash go waste. There are simple dos and don’ts when it comes to cannabis storage, and following up with these tips could benefit you in the long run, to keep your buds fresh and fabulous.
1.Keep the factors that affect your stash in control: Natural factors such as air, light, moisture has a tremendous effect on the potency of cannabis. Light is among the most common factor that leads to degradation of cannabis flowers. The energy of the UV rays from the sunlight tends to burn up the terpenes found in cannabis. Dark-colored containers that protect the buds from sunlight is preferable for storage for this reason. You can also store the stash in a dark corner of your home. The next big factor is air. Too much oxygen in the storage environment will catalyze rapid degradation. Hence containers for storage should have just enough space for the plant to breathe and should not have any excess oxygen trapped in. Now get thc delivery at your doorstep from a trusted seller.
Moisture levels and temperature also have a significant impact on the rate of degradation. If there is too little moisture, then the cannabinoids and terpenes start to degrade in the stash. An ideal range of 58 and 63 RH is the best condition to preserve cannabis in its natural beauty. Higher temperatures dry out the water content from the buds, which could cause the terpenes to evaporate. Your cannabis stash will thrive best in an ideal temperature range between 78 and 86 degrees.
2.Say no to plastics: While it is good to apply this rule to every aspect of your lifestyle, plastic is a complete no when it comes to preserving your cannabis stash. If you purchased your weed in a plastic bag, then try to shift the contents to a glass container immediately. Plastic bags pose the threat of crushing your buds. It could cause the trichomes to fall off the surface, leaving your weed, less potent. Buy weed online canada from a trustworthy seller. Also, plastic could start affecting the quality, taste, and textures of your stash over time. Especially in high-temperature conditions, a small breakdown of plastic molecules could contaminate your stash. Your cannabis is a classy companion and hence do not store it in cheap plastic containers.
3.Never, Ever refrigerate: Even though your smart refrigerator claims to keep your veggies and greens fresh for up to two weeks, storing your cannabis stash in the refrigerator is a complete no. General refrigeration leads to drastic fluctuations in temperature and humidity, which could elevate the rapid destruction of the terpenes and cannabinoids in cannabis. Also, the surface of the buds starts becoming brittle and loses grip of the trichomes rendering the stash weak and bad tasting.
4. Glass is now your best friend: There is no match to the elegance of crystal and glassware when it comes to décor. But using glass has more reasons than simple aesthetics. In cases such as storing cannabis, glassware offers the optimum condition to keep the stash from going bad or losing its potency. Airtight glass containers protect the buds from external factors that could affect the quality. Glass mason jars can be a fun choice for storing. Moreover, It is cost-effective and is also a long-term solution. Sealing will make sure you are removing exposure to humidity. Also, these jars are easy to store in a cool and dark place. Certain blacked out materials are available to limit light flow into the glassware, which can also be useful. Glass jars are less susceptible to temperature changes. It holds your stash in good condition longer.
5. You can try some wise woods: Wooden storage boxes are also a popular choice among cannabis users to store their stash. There are jars specially designed to preserve the freshness of cannabis stored available in various stores and online market platforms. They are incredibly stylish and come with amazing utility kits to enjoy your favorite plant to its best. Some of these designs also come with an inbuilt humidifier but at a higher price point. Avoid using products such as tobacco humidifier as it might disturb the conditions and damage the stash. Apart from glass and wood, stainless steel containers can be a good companion for your stash.
6.Explore some vacuum sealing options: Freezing marijuana seems to be the best way to preserve it for longer periods. But as discussed, this could cause the buds to become brittle as well as increase the rate of degradation. The real culprit, in this case, is the moisture within the storage unit. Vacuum sealing is a great choice to eliminate the excess moisture and air from the container before sealing it well. Metal and wood containers can be the best choice for freezing marijuana for future usage.
7.Explore different storage forms: While storing the dried buds is the most common form, users can also prepare concentrates or store undried buds for usage later. But the problem with this is that the chances of degradation are higher as compared to dry buds. Storing dry buds means you are open to using it in any way, such as for preparing concentrates in the future as and when you need it. It also saves energy and labor. But if you wish to store it in any other form such as concentrates, this is also possible.
You can use the buds for Bubble or BHO at any point in time to obtain high quality concentrates quickly. Shatter type extracts are also a great way of using cannabis. But remember, shatter extracts start to form clouds over time, and the benefits decrease with such effects. If you wish to store them, then use airtight, well-sealed containers and store them in a freezer at the right temperature. CBD Infused edibles are easier to store but should be consumed in a given period of time. Buy edibles online by comparing from reputed websites.
Another critical point with cannabis storage is separating the different strains. Each of them possesses unique characteristics like indica weed strains and sativa weed strains, and hence do not mix many strains in one container. Try to give them their own space for them to last fresh for longer. These simple guidelines will help you save your cannabis stash for long term use without having to worry about degradation.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Introduction to THCp: Unlocking the Power of Nature’s Strongest Cannabinoid - January 23, 2023
- Help for Those Struggling Financially, Physically, and Emotionally Because of Addiction - January 17, 2023
- The benefits of CBD gummies for anxiety and stress relief - January 13, 2023