What are the Benefits of CBD Terpenes?
Most people aren’t aware of the different compounds found in industrial hemp. CBD terpenes still remain a mystery to most consumers. Though there is an apparent lack of awareness, it doesn’t overshadow the potential of CBD terpenes in promoting health and wellness.
But what are terpenes? And how are they different from other cannabis products? Today, we will be focusing on CBD terpenes to help you make an informed choice as a customer.
Cannabis Sativa L. is a plant that contains more than 100 active compounds, which includes both terpenes and CBD. Industrial hemp is considered to be a rich source of many active compounds found in cannabis without resulting in the psychoactive effects of THC.
As hemp plants contain less than 0.3% of THC, you can explore the many benefits of cannabis without the risk of intoxication.
CBD is often extracted from naturally grown industrial hemp, without the use of herbicides or pesticides. When the flowers, leaves, and stalks mature, the plants are harvested to extract the beneficial compounds from it.
Terpenes – What Are they?
If you wish to experience the benefits of CBD terpenes, you need to understand them. Terpenes are known to be active aromatic compounds that provide the cannabis plants their distinct aromas.
Apart from the aroma, these compounds have medicinal properties that are beneficial for the overall health and wellness of humans. CBD terpenes can bind with the receptors present in the endocannabinoid system in order to elicit specific reactions in the body.
The Entourage Effect
When terpenes combine with CBD, users will be able to experience the benefits of the “Entourage Effect”. Therefore, you will be able to receive the cumulative benefits of all active compounds instead of a single active compound.
Therefore, when multiple cannabinoids combine with several terpenes, it will offer better therapeutic benefits as compared to cannabinoids alone. This idea is widely accepted. However, it is largely theoretical.
What Are Its Health Benefits?
Similar to how aromatherapy works, inhaling certain terpenes can help in boosting emotional well-being. The floral scent of terpenes known to have a calm, sedative-like effect.
Certain studies have also shown that terpenes can offer both physical and mental health benefits. A research study was able to show that forest bathing in a terpene-rich environment can provide anti-tumorigenic, neuroprotective, and anti-inflammatory effects to benefit the human body.
Full-Spectrum CBD Terpenes and Their Benefits
There are more than 100 terpenes that are found in different cannabis plants in various concentrations. Let’s take a look at those with high enough concentrations.
• Linalool – This variant offers a relaxing aroma that is popular in several kinds of deodorizer and scent products. It is mainly used for calming nerves, prompting rest, and helping users feel more relaxed. It is best to use this product when you are planning to sleep.
• Caryophyllene – It has a peppery, woody scent that is known for offering a positive and calm mindset. Some users also say that it is great for easing inflammation or discomfort.
• Myrcene – It is known to be the most concentrated and common of all CBD terpenes. If you have tried full-spectrum cannabis, you might be aware of this variant as well. Myrcene healing balms and bath bombs are known to offer great relief to relaxation or inflammation.
• Pinene – Pinene is known to offer a refreshing pine scent. With an antiseptic nature, Pinene is the perfect match for manufacturing cleaning products that can help ease discomfort and inflammation.
• Limonene – Limonene is known to occur in both human-made and natural products. Like other kinds of CBD terpenes, Limonene can offer a more optimistic outlook to life. It also makes the user calmer and stress-free. People also use it as a powerful cleaning agent.
Add CBD Terpenes to Your Lifestyle
Some companies are known to package and sell CBD terpenes separately as CBD isolates. However, you can also find many full-spectrum CBD in the market. Browse through heavenlyhempflower to find excellent products online that can offer you a well-balanced entourage effect.
Some of the common products of full-spectrum CBD include –
• Vape – vaping is one of the popular means of administering a tasty CBD dose. As terpenes react the same way as CBD, the effects are bound to be experienced wholesomely.
• Liquids/Oils – It is one of the easiest and fastest ways to experience the several benefits of CBD terpenes. By taking a few drops of the liquid or oil, you can enjoy the many benefits seamlessly. You can add it to your favourite drink or place it under your tongue.
• Topicals – If you are looking for fast relief, you will find several kinds of rubbing creams, gels, or lotions that are rich in CBD terpenes.
• Edibles – You will find many exciting options in the market in edibles. Gummies are great options in edibles that you could try. If you would like something different, terpene brownies are the way to go!
Buying CBD Terpenes
If you are in a state where you can purchase cannabis for recreational or medicinal purposes (as per the Bill C-45, passed by the parliament), you need to look for products that list terpenes in the cannabis blend. If you want to experience the benefits of terpenes from somewhere else, you can try out certain essential oils like lemon, peppermint, lavender, sage, and so on. Make sure you buy your products from a reputed store or dispensary in order to avoid low-quality CBD products.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Introduction to THCp: Unlocking the Power of Nature’s Strongest Cannabinoid - January 23, 2023
- Help for Those Struggling Financially, Physically, and Emotionally Because of Addiction - January 17, 2023
- The benefits of CBD gummies for anxiety and stress relief - January 13, 2023