Why CBD Oil is not what you think and its 11 Benefits
There has been far reaching awareness of the medical use of marijuana which has in turn brought a lot of attention to the use of cannabis products for health. It is however very important to understand how CBD oil differs from other cannabis-derived products. The key difference comes in the parts of the plant that are used to make CBD oil. CBD oil is extracted from the flowers, leaves and stalk of the hemp plant.
Research shows that cannabis related products particularly CBD oil can be helpful in the treatment and prevention of numerous ailments. Although all these diseases can seem unrelated, they do have one thing in common; they may be related to the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
The Endocannabinoid System
If you think that this body system sounds like cannabis, that’s because it was discovered when researchers were trying to determine the effects of cannabis on the human body. It was therefore appropriately named after cannabis. ECS is made up if endocannabinoids and their receptors. These are found everywhere on the body from the brain, to the other organs and even the immune system. ESC works differently in the different parts of the body, but the main goal is internal balance or homeostasis.
Does CBD Create a High?
There are some CBD products that contain THC (the compound that causes the high) but the short answer to this question is no. it is important to realize that there are two types of CBD oil; hemp-based CBD oil and Marijuana-based CBD oil. The marijuana-based CBD contains more THC, but CBD oil that is legally and typically used for medicinal purposed, hemp-based CBD oil, contains very 0.3% per dry unit of THC (not enough to get you high.)
CBD oil can be essential in the treatment and prevention of numerous ailments. It also has a lot of other health benefits including the following;
- CBD oil is an effective pain killer, often used to relieve chronic pain for cancer patients and sclerosis patients. It also doesn’t cause dependence and prevents nervous system degeneration.
- It also has anti-seizure properties which has made it the ideal course of treatment for children with drug-resistant epilepsy.
- CBD has been proven to reduce anxiety and stress levels in people suffering from conditions like PTSD, obsessive compulsive disorder and social anxiety disorder.
- Researchers have also found that CBD has the ability to destroy bacteria, especially drug-resistant strains. A 2011 study found slower Tuberculosis progression in rats that were given CBD as a form of treatment.
- CBD has also been proven to reduce the kind of chronic inflammation that leads to disease.
- Oxidative stress is another very common problem in today’s world, caused by an environment with too many toxins. A study in 2010 showed that CBD is actually a very good antioxidant and can therefore reduce neurological damage that may be caused by free radicals.
- CBD has also been proven to be effective in the treatment of Schizophrenia -related hallucinations. A 2013 study also found that CBD is now a safe and very effective treatment for psychosis.
- Cannabis can also help maintain healthy blood sugar and stimulate genes and proteins to break down fat, thereby helping promote and maintain healthy body weight.
- Cannabidiol can help promote heart health by reducing artery blockage, reducing blood pressure and reduce stress induced cardiovascular response.
- It is also ideal for the prevention and treatment of skin conditions including acne and eczema by regulating the skin’s oil production.
- CBD can be very instrumental in preventing the growth of certain types of tumors, thereby helping prevent and fight cancer.
You can find a more in-depth guide to CBD Oil here: https://www.fortheageless.com/pages/cbd-oil-uk-guide
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- Do You Own A Smoke Shop? Here Are Some Useful Tips - July 29, 2022
- Is Delta 8 THC Legal - July 25, 2022
- Planning to Try Kratom? Here’s What to Keep in Mind - July 20, 2022